||crazy happy about it||
We decided on July 29 that we’d get married on August 7. Who does that?! 😉 So, I’d guess ya’d definitely call it an elopement rather than a wedding, but anyway, we had a ceremony and guests and even some food after. It was as perfectly us.
We’ve yet to meet with our photographer, who happens to be one of our best friends and wife to our officiant, to go over the photos, but I promise I’ll share them when I have them. Meredith got some super amazing shots! In the meantime, lets discuss all the other related things!
We managed to get hitched relatively inexpensively, which is awesome considering we hadn’t been budgeting for any of it.
We had 16 people total, including us.
- Marriage License $66 + Anticipated Cost for Certificate $15 = $81
- Dress $40
- Board Shorts $50
- Wedding Day Bling for Me (to include a headband, earrings, necklace, foot jewelry): $40
- Bridal Bouquet: $50—including tip to the florist
- Bride’s Makeup: $54
- Food + Booze: We spent around $400, but had a ton of leftover booze (who are our friends, anyway?!) and a fair amount of leftover food, so I’m going to call this $300
- Paper Plates, Plastic Wine Glasses + Cups, Napkins: $25
- Driver for A’s Dad, myself and us after the reception: $60
- Officiant Fee: It pays to have amazing friends!
- Photographer Fee: See above about great friends!
- Ceremony Fee: Public beach, baby! but! We had it at a beach that only locals know about … so it was perfectly quiet—save for two parasailors who flew by as A was giving his vows. 😂 And yes, Bruce had him pause each time! Pssst: Same beach he proposed at in 2015!
- Reception Venue Fee: Clearly, we couldn’t have done this without Bruce & Mer, as we had the reception in the front yard of their quaint beach cottage.
- Reception Entertainment: Our friends are entertainment enough!
BOOM! Yep, you should definitely hire me as your wedding planner. 😂
Since I regularly get my hair highlighted and nails done, I didn’t factor in those costs. My most recent hair appointment was conveniently 8 weeks prior, and I’d of been scheduling an appointment for last week, anyway. Homegirl’s roots were baaaaad. However, if you wanna get technical, that was $90, and a mani + pedi was another $50. I get my eyebrows + upper lip threaded every other week which is $17, bringing my grooming total to an additional $157. But, whatev’s in my book, cause all that was gunna be happening anyway.
As I mentioned above, our great friend’s, Bruce and Meredith, helped us tremendously! Bruce agreed to marry us (though that conversation was between he and A, so I have no idea what A promised in return for Bruce to do a public speaking event). Meredith, who loves to take photos for fun (check out her IG here), brought her camera to the beach and was snapping away the whole time.
After the ceremony on the beach, we all went back to their house where Meredith grilled some carne asada (Costco, FTW) and we had a ‘make your own’ burrito/taco dinner. It was super low key, informal (we used paper plates, yo) and wonderful. It’s definitely everything A had talked about, and considering I told him on more than one occasion I’d be happy with City Hall, I’m thrilled we did this!
Can’t wait to share more pictures with you all!
Jessica Brooks! <3