Well, I’m happy to report that it was a great experience, and we’ll definitely be becoming a member after our free trial is up!
I placed the order on Monday evening and it arrived Thursday around noon. Lucy let me know the mailman dropped something at the front door by barking like crazy. If you know Lucy personally, that’s really no surprise. 😉
Everything was very well packed! I appreciate how each thing was in a plastic bag in case it exploded in route. Thankfully, no explosions occurred. The bottles with pumps had study tape holding the pump down, too.
Everything was in great condition! (Zoe was also hoping I’d pull something out for her … 😉 )
So far I’ve tried out everything but the cleaner I ordered, and lets be honest, I’m not exactly excited to scrub the sinks.
Some notes on the products:
- As expected, I love the Giovanni products my sis recommended! I’m so lucky to have a sister (and mom) who works in a health food store and gets to learn about natural skincare and beauty products. The sugar scrub literally smells like brownie batter. Like, if I didn’t know better, I’d face dive into that stuff! Also, it leaves my skin feeling smooth and refined which is fab.
- The Nourish Organic lotion, which I’ve had before, isn’t my favorite. I like the scent fine, but the lotion itself it very light. Some people might really dig that! I love a thick and creamy lotion and the Desert Essence lotion certainly delivers that.
- No surprise here: love the toothpaste and chapstick. I’ve used them both before and am happy to have them back in the rotation.
- The Alaffia brand face wash works great! It gets my makeup (read: mascara + eyeliner) off no prob and is gentle around my eyes.
- Speaking of eyes. I’ve used the mascara twice and I’m not in love with it, but I think it’s too soon to tell. I usually don’t like the first week or so of mascara because it’s so new (am I the only one?) and there’s all too much on the brush. Related: I’m so bad at makeup, and it could possibly just be user error.
- I love the mouth rinse! To be honest, I was skeptical because A had me convinced it was going to be gross. It tastes like peppermint and freshens my mouth.
- Obvi, the crackers are good. It’s hard to go wrong with a buttery cracker round. 😉
Why I Will Continue to Order
- As I mentioned in my initial Thrive Market post, the health and beauty products like I ordered the first go around are significantly cheaper on Thrive. It’s important to A and I to use mostly natural—and organic when possible—products.
- I’ll get to try new things that I may have not tried before (due to price).
- I can order the stuff online and have it arrive at my doorstep. The nearest Whole Foods is about 15 minutes from our condo. That’s not bad, and in all honesty, I do teach near there a couple times a week. But, I will certainly save money by ordering online and not going into Whole Foods where I’ll be tempted to load a basket with goodies and walk out broke. 😉
- There’s nothing to loose … “For example, if your membership fee was $60, and you only saved $40 in the year, we will automatically add a $20 Thrive credit to your account after you renew.” via their website.
If you decide to give it a try, I’d appreciate you using my link —> click here. Then, create your own affiliate link and share it with your friends (that part won’t benefit me, but it will you!).
I already have my shopping cart full for the next order. 😉