Good morning, friends!
I’m thrilled to report The Lawyer made it home from Las Vegas last night (and is currently surfing Trestles). There’s an good swell right now so he woke me up at 6:30 asking if I wanted coffee (um, no thx, but snuggles, plz?), did a little work, took the girls on their morning walk and bolted.
I got out of bed just as he was walking the girls and started some laundry, made some coffee, fed the girls and am now on laundry alert. Since we live in a condo and our HOA doesn’t allow washers and dryers in the unit, I use a central laundry room (there are several sprinkled throughout the community) which used to make me crazy, but I finally accepted it’s just something I gotta do. The only positive I’ve figured out from this is that I can sometimes do a few loads of laundry at one time. I’m sure you won’t be surprised to hear this: I’d still rather have a W/D inside my house and be able to do laundry while I sleep or work or exercise.
Did you guys see the full moon rise last night? It was incredible! I absolutely LOVE looking at the moon and last night was no different. I loaded the pugs into the truck and we drove to Doheny State Beach, as it’s position is perfect for watching the moon come out. We walked for about 20 minutes before Zoe had enough (Lucy was still ready to go!) so we got back in the truck and watched from the side of the road for a few minutes. There’s sooooo much energy we can harness a few days before, during and a few days after the full moon. I’m sure some of you are like 🙄, but I stand strong.
After laundry duty I’m meeting my girlfriend Meredith to get some exercise in. We do this occasionally, where we meet to walk the beach trail, and it always turns into such a fantastic therapy session, too! In the past we’ve walked and talked for a couple hours at a time. She’s been out of town for a week so I’m looking forward to catching up! While we usually walk along the beach in San Clemente, but last night we threw around the idea of switching it up and walking here today. I’ll be sure to Instagram wherever we end up.
What are your plans for the weekend? Tomorrow I have a massage scheduled at 4 p.m. and I am looking forward to it! I haven’t had a massage in over 4 weeks and my body is definitely wondering WTF is going on! Last month I used my Massage Envy membership to get a facial, only because there were zero appointments open over a three day period and I wanted some kind of treatment. (I quite enjoyed the facial but like massages better.) The Surfer and I prefer to go at the same time, but he recently discovered “the best massage therapist he’s ever had” who moved to the area a couple months ago, so now we’re booking appointments back-to-back. She’s literally been here two months and I had to wait two weeks to get in with her. If you’re local and wanna know who she is, leave a comment. 😉
Before relaxing at the spa tomorrow afternoon, I plan to hit the gym for a sweat session and go.to.the.beach! I still haven’t been even though it was a goal of mine for these past few days. I told The Surfer I’m going with or without him. Obvi, he wants to join. No plans on Sunday yet except attending Shockwave. It will be nice to have a fairly low key weekend with my main man and hopefully hang out with our friends, Bruce and Mer, if they’re free.
A few weeks ago I saw this survey floating around FB and answered the questions anticipating posting a blog entry. Well, I never posted it, so I went through and changed some of the more time sensitive answers for some Friday fun. Choose a couple questions to answer in the comments below!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
44 Things Survey
1. Do you like blue cheese? yep, only in small quantities though 🧀
2. Have you ever smoked? hookah, but never a cigarette
3. Do you own a gun? i don’t, but A does, and i guess since we’re married, that means yes. 😂
4. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Ben & Jerry’s … um, I can’t just choose one. I love ice cream and have it 3-4 times a week 🙈 some weeks. other weeks, when i make wise decisions at the grocery store and don’t buy any, i go months without it.
5. Do you get nervous before Doctor visits? always 😳
6. What do you think of hot dogs? a
few weeks couple months (where does all the time goooooo?!) ago A picked up some organic, all-beef hotdogs that were okay. i am definitely grossed out by hotdogs, but i eat them like 2x a year. 🌭
7. Favorite movie? American Sniper was fabulous. i dig any kind of action movie. mostly though, i suck at movies.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? coffee ☕️
9. Do you do push ups? yep 💪🏽
10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? my engagement ring and wedding band. if you’re making me choose, i choose the band ’cause of what it symbolizes. 💍
12. Do you have A.D.D.? nope
13. What’s the one thing you dislike about yourself? i talk a lotta smack when i’m driving. i know it. my family knows it. anybody who rides with me knows it. i’ve been working on it for like 5 years, and have started to accept that maybe that just part of who i am. but, occasionally, when i’m teaching yoga and suggest to my students to set an intention, if only for the rest of the day, i secretly set one to not be a
bitch ridiculous person who takes to other cars while driving. 🙄
14. What is your middle name? JoAnn
15. Name three thoughts at this moment? beach. autumn (?!?!). stroller fitness.
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? coffee, water, wine 🍷
17. My current worry? changing my name on all the important documents. more anxiety than worry, i suppose. it’s such a pain.
18. Current annoyance right now? nothing at the moment
19. Favorite place to be? with my babe! either a.) on the beach b.) on the lake or c.) in the mountains — give me a sandy, soft beach with a big lake (or ocean) for a boat and some mountains in the distance and i’m in heaven. hmmmm, reminds me of a place i’ve been before in the Caribbean 🤔 I’m dreaming of going back! Next sailing trip is scheduled to happen sometime in the Fall of 2017!
20. How do you ring in the new year? asleep, generally. i party hard 😴
21. Where would you like to go? back to the Caribbean to explore more islands 🔝 or i’d love to go to Europe with A. he’s never been.
22. Name three people who will complete this: i hope you’ll comment below and answer a couple! ⬇️
23. Do you own slippers? moccasins. i wear them like crazy in the ‘winter’.
24. What color shirt are you wearing right now? white
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? heck no! 🙅🏼
26. Can you whistle? only if i make a squirrel face and blow out. i cannot whistle ‘regularly’😞
27. What are your favorite colors? yellow, Caribbean blue 🌞💧 basically just think of the sun and water
28. Would you be a pirate? nah, i don’t wanna be a thief
29. What songs do you sing in the shower? whatever is on Pandora at the time 🎧
30. Favorite girls name? Emily, Sophia … haven’t thought about it recently.
31. Favorite boys name? if i have children, i’m obviously having girls, so no worries about boy names 😉
32. What’s in your pocket right now? no pockets on yoga pants! 💁🏼
33. Last thing that made you laugh? A
34. Best toy as a child? Barbies, ftw!
35. Worst injury you’ve ever had? i injured my shoulder 6 years ago and it’s still effed up.
36. Where would you love to live? even closer to the beach! maybe the Caribbean. 🏝
37. How many TV’s do you have? two, although one is under our bed, so does that count? 📺
38. Who are your loudest friends? Melissa can be loud 😉
40. Does someone trust you? indeed
41. What book are you reading currently? i’m not. fail. i was just thinking about getting a book the other day …
42. What’s your favorite candy? Snickers
43. What’s your favorite sport? i enjoy watching most live sporting events, but i don’t really care about any of them.
44. Favorite month? September … because there’s still some leftover summer vibes, but at the same time there’s all the excitement for the change of season and the holidays