Coming from the kernels of the Moroccan argan tree, argan oil offers a variety skin, hair and nail benefits! Argan oil is referred to as liquid gold due to its wealth of beauty secrets. Because of argan oil’s lipid (fat) profile, it’s said to have extraordinary anti-aging and skin-healing properties. Argan oil is also chock full of vitamin E and antioxidants. Keep in mind, the benefits of this luxurious oil are only found in the raw versions, rather than the culinary grade.
Some of argan oil’s benefits include:
- light on the skin and rapidly absorbed
- extraordinarily softens skin
- protects skin’s natural elasticity
- combats the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- battles inflamed or damaged skin, providing relief for: dry skin; acne and acne scars; chapped, cracked or burnt skin; psoriasis; chickenpox
- can eliminate and/or prevent stretch marks
- nourishing to dry hair, creating a silky soft feel and look
- softens cuticles and strengthens brittle nails
Because of argan oil’s naturally high levels of tocopherols, it has a fairly long shelf life. Keep in mind, argan oil is made from tree nuts, so if you have sensitivities be sure to consult with your medical provider.
You can get argan oil here, here, at your local health food store or on Amazon (<– I particularly like this bottle because it has a spritz cap, but you could buy your own bottles and refill as necessary considering the long shelf life, which would probably be cheaper in the long run). Be sure to choose a high quality, raw option. Happy oiling!