Hi friends! I’ve had the opportunity to sub several classes at my local gym and while they aren’t specifically called “Total Body: Strength + Cardio”, that is exactly what the description entails … a total body strength workout, cardio exercise, and plenty of core work. So, without further ado, try this TB: S+C workout I did a couple days before Christmas which made me moan in agony any time I tried to sit down or stand up. 😉
Warmup on your machine of choice (in class we used the step bench) for about 8 minutes.
Superset the two exercises, taking no break in-between exercises, repeating each set of exercises 3 times through and then taking about a 30 second break in-betweens sets.
- forward-side-reverse lunge (with a curl, side raise, curl <– lighter weights) = 1 x 8 per leg
- mountain climbers x 30 seconds
- heavy single leg deadlifts x 8 per leg
- burpees w/ a shoulder press x 10
- renegade row x 8 rows per arm (which will = 16 pushups)
- triceps dips x 12
- reverse flies x 12
- plyometric lunges x 30 seconds
- chest fly w/ leg lower
- skull crushers
- dynamic plank (moving from forearms to hands) x 30 seconds
- side plank x 30 seconds right + 30 seconds left
- bicycle crunches
Let me know if you give it a try!