What are you plans for the weekend? We’re heading to Sedona for a wedding. I’m so excited to explore a new-to-me place especially because it’s said to have some magical energy. 😉
If you need a 30-minutes or less workout, I have one for you! I’ve tested this HIIT quickie a few times, and it is killer in the best way! I think the might be the best HIIT class I’ve designed, at least in a couple years.
The Best HIIT Workout
- Begin by warming up for 5-8 minutes on a machine of your choice (the spin bike will forever have my heart)
- Complete 10 reps of the first exercise, and then 10 reps of the second. Continue repeating 10 reps of the two exercises as many times as possible in a 2-minute time frame.
- Without resting, move straight into the tabatas: 20 seconds as hard as you can; 10 seconds rest (so each pair of tabata exercises will equal 1 minute, ya follow?)
- Complete the entire circuit 1-3 times. When I was teaching this class, we added 2 minutes of cardio (spin bike) at the end of round before starting a new round. Just a little extra boost if you’re feeling it!
- So, total time required per round = 9 minutes without the extra cardio or 11 minutes with. Some notes:
- Since this workout is time-based, you can push as hard as you can or take it as easy as you need to. You’re not trying to reach any specific number of repetitions (other than the 1o, but just so you know when to switch exercises).
- Try the hardest variation for your body, and then modify when needed. Really push yourself!
- Always listen to your body! Be aware of how it feels to move through these exercises and don’t let your ego get in the way if you need to go slower/modify.
Let me know if you give it a try!
Hope you have a fab weekend!