This total body workout can be completed in 45 minutes, and incorporates elements of strength, cardio conditioning and balance. Challenge your muscles with this workout for a stronger, healthier body!
Hey guys! How’s your day going? I hope it’s swell! But, if ya need a little pick-me-up, just know that this too shall pass. I know it’s hard to hear/believe when you’re in the thick of things, but maybe that might help somebody, somewhere, so if it does, :-).
Lucy and Zoe were not excited to go to the groomer’s on Tuesday afternoon, but now they’re so happy ’cause they’re freshly bathed and shaved!
relieved thankful that Interstate 15 in Southern California is open to the public again. With the recent Blue Cut Fire, I wasn’t sure if The Lawyer would make it home today, and am grateful he’ll be able to. Along those lines, my thoughts have been pouring out to everybody involved with that massive fire and the flooding in Louisiana. To be honest, I prefer not to watch the news/pay attention to the negativity going on in the world, but it’s hard to avoid when it gets close to home. And yes, I realize that some of you probably think I should pay attention so I’m informed, but honestly, it just makes me sad/upset/frustrated/scared/insert emotion here and so I choose not to read the news on the regular. To each their own, right? The Lawyer definitely stays up to date on all the happenings all over the place, so I trust he’ll let me know if there’s something I need to know. In the meantime, I continually send love and light out to the world, cause I’m all about that peace & love life! ✌🏽💕
The best things happen in the kitchen when I don’t have a plan. Like this Quattro Formaggi Penne w/ Fresh Heirloom Tomatoes. I can’t even give you a recipe ’cause I made it up on the fly. I’m not a fan of red sauce (except on pizza, of course, but plz easy on the sauce) which is where three of the four cheese came into play. I obviously had to top it with some fresh mozz and broil it so it’d look all pretty.
What you can’t see in the picture above is the 5 cups veggies I threw in there, because, well, cheese. But anyway it’s basically healthy because those are quinoa noodles … right? 😉
How have your exercises plans been going this week? I had high, high hopes, but I haven’t been crushing my mine. Ya win some and loose some, right?
I did crush this workout I created for my Strength Training class, though, and my glutes and hamstrings are letting me know about it today! I always try to create intelligent workouts for my classes, but sometimes I’ll look at the workout and think, “this is going to be too easy” or “this is going to be too hard”, but I just roll with it and improv if needed.
This is one of those workouts I thought might be too easy (my class is strong, guys), but after all the soreness I’m feeling, I think it was juuuust right! On the other hand, I created what I thought was going to be a killer workout for this morning’s class and it was just okay. Like they probably could have done the whole workout again (it’s only a 30 minute class), so I promised them next week I’d come back with workout they wanted to walk out on. 😉
To do this workout, you’re going to complete three rounds of each set before moving onto the next set of exercises. There’s a space in-between the sets so you know where they break up. In-between sets is you’re ideal time to get some water or take a breather. Yeeeees, you’re working for chunks of minutes at a time without a break! That’s okay. 😉
- Notice that most of the suggested repetitions are 8. Take that as your hint to choose a heavier weight than you might normally choose, so that you can only do 6 or 7 reps before it starts to feel super challenging. The 8th and final rep should be hard.
- Along the same lines of hard, you’re only do the cardio bouts for 20 seconds, so go strong!
- When you execute the plie squat and the sumo deadlift, your feet should be in a plie stance. Think about the toes going away from the body while having the feeling of the heels coming in toward each other. You don’t actually move your feet, but being aware of these cues will help you activate the muscles on the backside of the body better.
- Hold a weight plate over your head for the duration of your reverse lunges. If that doesn’t work for your body, skip the weight or hold dumbbells at your sides.
- If you’re not sure what a bear plank is, check out this.
Let me know if you give it a try!