Friends! I have a fabulous spin workout for you this week! It’s quite similar to the first January 2016 ride I posted a couple weeks ago, but ever harder! Can I get a wooooooohooooooo?!
Spin class can be as easy or intense as you make it. You are in charge of your resistance knob. I’m (or your instructor) simply there to cue you. Obvi, the more tension you add, the more challenging it’s going to be.
This week’s routine is straight forward.
- Warm up for two songs
- Complete four stages (each stage = 3 songs and is the same)
- Cool down/stretch for two songs
- The sprints should be intense. You should be completely out of breath after the sprint segment of the stage.
- The climbs are short and quick. Make them heavy and hard quickly.
- Each stage’s effort level looks like this, on a scale of 1-4 (easy, moderate, hard, very hard): —> very hard (4), very hard (4), hard (3).
- If that is too challenging for you, pleeeeease work at your own pace!