Vinegar + Baking Soda + Lemon combined in some fashion = my favorite ingredients for any DIY cleaner. (Find my favorite kitchen counter spray + all purpose spray recipe here.)
This recipe is inspired by Andrea Butje, a well-known woman in the essential oils world.
The recipe below is great for 1 very dirty tub or two generally dirty tubs. If you decide to multiply the recipe and make a bigger batch, I recommend storing it in a glass container, as over time essential oils can cause plastics to breakdown.
- 1/2 c baking soda
- 1 1/2 tbsp liquid castile soap
- 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- 5 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
- In a bowl slightly bigger than your glass container, mix the ingredients until incorporated.
- Note: When you add the vinegar to the baking soda, it will foam a bit, so make sure your mixing bowl is large enough so it won’t foam over.
- You want the consistency to be paste-like.
- Apply 1-2 tablespoons to a sponge and start scrubbing away.