Here’s What You’ll Need
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4-1/3 cup carrier oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp high quality vitamin E oil
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (for a super fun smell)
Blend all the ingredients together until combined. Store in an airtight, glass container.
Scoop out a quarter size amount and move in a circular motion on the body part you desire to exfoliate. My aesthetician recommends singing the ABCs while I gently exfoliate a single area of my body, as it’s just about the right amount of time. I exfoliate each day in the shower, alternating body parts so as not to damage my skin by exfoliating every day.
- Sugar: I use organic cane sugar. I’ve used a mix of cane and brown sugars in the past, and like cane sugar the best. I get a huge bag of organic cane sugar from my local Costco for things like this, homemade hummingbird feeder and baking, of course! 😉
- Carrier Oil: I think sweet almond and coconut smell great for this recipe. You don’t want so much carrier oil that your scrub turns into a liquid, so add just a little at first, and then more as needed.
- Vitamin E Oil:
- “It is great for preventing rancidity in cosmetics, and it acts as an anti-oxidant in creams, lotions, baby products, cosmetics and more. This [Mountain Rose Herb’s] particular Vitamin E oil has been verified and tested GMO-free from crop to finished material. Vitamin E that is derived from Soybean oil gives a composition rich in delta and gamma tocopherols, which is a natural choice for antioxidant function.” source