Have you ever looked at the ingredients on the back of your shampoo, body wash or hand soap? It’s frightening. Google some of the ingredients and see for yourself the crazy list of chemicals that our body products are laden with. Our skin is our biggest organ, so it’s extremely important that we start being mindful of the products we use on our skin.
While making homemade body products may seem daunting, this 3-ingredient hand soap will allow you to change the first thing easily! You’ll need to invest a bit of money in a foaming soap dispenser, but once you have it, you’ve got it for awhile! Also, the main ingredient in this soap is water. That’s a major score because your bottle of castille soap will last for awhile and make many batches soaps. What I’m trying to say is this is a cheap way to add a homemade, natural and healthy product in your home!
What You’ll Need:
- essential oils of choice
- foaming hand soap dispenser, preferably glass (I’ve also seen these at Bed, Bath and Beyond)
- castille soap – if you don’t want to order online from Mountain Rose Herbs (super affordable) or Amazon, you can find Dr. Bronner’s brand at Whole Foods or Sprouts, and surely various other health food stores
What To Do:
- fill the soap dispenser 3/4 full with filtered water
- add castille soap to fill almost to the top
- add twice the drops of oil as there are ounces in the dispenser (ex: for a 14 ounce dispenser, add 28 drops essential oils)
- oils can be your preferred scent, or perhaps the oils known to be super cleansing like lemon, lime, orange, lavender, etc. Experiment with scent combos and find your fav!
- gently shake to incorporate